Thursday, November 15, 2007

R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S

I'm wondering is our My-kad that useful...

I'm doing preparation for Exam P (Actuarial Science professional examination first level). Last month or shall I say the end of September I'd already gotten myself ready for those important documents to bring into exam hall at the end of this month. To my horror, my friend Alvin told me IC aka our MIGHTY My-kad is not enough to prove our identification, a passport is strictly NEEDED. I was so sad to hear that as you all know I'm poor and I never afford to travel overseas, so I never have a passport. *crying*

As a poor kid young teenage girl who never earns money herself like me, RM 50 RM 10 is already very valuable for me. But this exam has cost me around RM1200.

I'm not kidding man...

Calculators RM200

Exam Fee RM400 (not including the application fee for discount programme which costs another RM30)

Textbooks, manuals and past year questions (not original, photocopied version) RM300

Passport RM300 (not including photo, form and photocopied IC which cost another RM10)

...
...
...

The worst of worst is I know I'm going to fail this exam (I'm sure for 90%). Hate myself for not starting the preparation early. -.-

13 comments:

~K£cќ~ said...

The worst of worst is I know I'm going to fail this exam (I'm sure for 90%). Hate myself for not starting the preparation early. -.- >>> Yeah right la, after so many times who will believe you somemore =.=

~K£cќ~ said...

N btw, even if this exam is super hard, nth can beat you :) XD

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Hey I'm not kidding; it's really super hard!!!!

Lau Ky said...

It's super weird and the first time I hear a "passport" is more important than a "Surat Beranak". Seriously if they could use birth certificate it would be way easier. AND NOW I have to start thinking how to get a passport for myself when the time comes (I'm the same as you Jess).

Karen said...

wa...how come u can so fast take the prof pprs wan?how bout others?

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Shack, for the exam, they require us to show them a document with both signature and picture. Our MIGHTY My-Kad has only picture.

I think birth cert can't really prove our identification in this case...

I really would like to say "thank you" to my parents, they brought me to do the passport right after I told them =.= Really right after... *sweat*

Karen, it has nothing to say soon or late, we can take it any time we like... Just that the last two level requires a few years working experience...

Hello Kitty said...

jess can do it..i'm confident that u r not that sort of brats who burn a hole in their parents' pocket and do badly in the exam..

ur exam fees is REALLY expensive lo..i mean the whole package thingy including the manual n bla, bla, bla...My salary can't cover ur expenses..blek..

i found that AS students is SUPER motivated n hardworking.Mayb, it's the number of exam levels u guys have to sit for in order to becum a pro..( pARDON ME FOR MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IN Actuarial field)..

nostalgia.jesskang said...

I thought it was an easy one... Never thought it is that TOUGH!!! If I fail this time, I think I will not take it in s short period, have to polish my calculus and probability first...

Lau Ky said...

I thought I heard "AS students is SUPER motivated n hardworking" XD I shall reconsider my position.

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Haha.. surely there are some, and there are some not... I am the latter..

~K£cќ~ said...

I think birth cert is worse than mycard =.=" so easy to fake it swt ... How many application now that you even need a birth cert?

Well, besides ic the closest id is the passport (and its accepted international), unlike ic which is only valid in MSia

yvonne wee said...

is the exam really that hard?
if jess,u really fail this paper (touch wood...i don't mean to)
then i don't think either of us can pass...
so maybe you just too nervous about it..
wawawahh..
after reading your blog..
i got thousand of question in my mind want to ask u..
and thousand of worries in my heart..

u will pass the exam..!!

nostalgia.jesskang said...

What do you want to know?