Sunday, November 16, 2008

Electronic Shopping and Talipon

Finally I took a break after my disappointing Simulation test and Business Law assignment (but there are still two Simulation assignment to be submitted)...

Many are worn-out in this packed and dull short semester. I'm one of them. I find myself no heart to study for internal tests and not sure if I can focus studying for the coming internal exam. I must change my attitude!!!

Alan asked me to try Talipon at Cheras on Thursday, but I told him there is one at Kelana jaya which is so much nearer. And since he did not know the way, I promised to go with him, Gin Hwa and Shuzhen the next day. But the very next morning, I regretted as I find that I cannot go for buffet anymore, considering my SIZE!!! Yet, after being persuaded by them, I went at last (so I didn't bring my camera along)...

Before going, Hon Tong drove me to Digital Mall to buy rechargeable batteries and earphone (I feel that headphone is inconvenient to use). Reaped a rich harvest-get to buy the batteries at a low price.

Discovered a shop selling all the things related to camera at a reasonable price, shall tell Shane that when he is back from USA...


Reached Talipon at 7pm, after being stuck in the traffic jam for an hour. Alan and his friends had been eaten so much when we reached there. Oh ya, Talipon is a restaurant providing buffet-type steamboat and BBQ which costs RM22 per head.

I shall just write some captions for the pictures... (very tired now)...

A variety of "balls", ranging from fish, pork, to crab.
And some mushrooms

Curry-marinated fish

prawns, sausages, flower crabs,
lalas, sihams (what are these two called in English?)

Some noodles to eat with steamboat

I touched none of these,
as they make us full easily *sweat*

Hon Tong's BBQed sihams...

It's quite healthy actually to eat steamboat,
providing we don't eat much meat like pork, lamb and beef..

But not when we bbq
spreading lots of this unhealthy butter on the food to make it nice.

Took some pictures of the surrounding
while I was having a rest from eating..



Shuzhen

The lovely couple, Alan and Gin Hwa

Alan and Hon Tong

Anyway, I still feel that it's not worthwhile to eat steamboat out of my home...

Though we ate quite a lot of prawns

Those restaurants just give us some cheap seafood, cheap fishballs and cheap meat.. *grins*

Even the pomfrets are cheap one

9 comments:

Alvin Soh said...

Not bad... this time you have got some human pictures...

~K£cќ~ said...

Eating steamboat is never worth it ... eat fishballsssss only la ... can eat till RM 20+ meh. Just that steamboat can make the dinner longer and chat a lott thats ya ppol go for bit.

No you are so wrong, steamboat is never healthy. What do you eat a lot in steamboat? Fishballs ... not healthy at all, so much chemicals inside ... then, you cook them in the soup and drink it. Healthy ka =.="

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Normally we have little fishballs in steamboat only at home...

~K£cќ~ said...

Home diff ler ... i say outside ... home 1 all fresh 1 ..

CC Foo said...

lalas, sihams (what are these two called in English?)

erm i think its seashells or cockles? amongst so man ytype of seashells..i love Mussels a lot. =P

nostalgia.jesskang said...

I like to eat mussels with porridge.. lame right? haha

nostalgia.jesskang said...

I like to eat mussels with porridge.. lame right? haha

~K£cќ~ said...

Got ppl eat mussel with porridge one meh @.@ ... excluding u la of coz swt

vi--Vien--nE said...

Hehehe..
Genting Klang here also got 1 Talipon..
ya,the meat and seafood prepared there are not fresh dee.
At there, I kept eating fish rather than fishballs lor..