Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Favorite Verse

"For God has not given us a spirit of cowardice, but of power and of love and of sobermindedness." ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

This is the verse that impressed me a lot before I was saved. Today I pursued with the sisters and came across this verse again. The same verse, but the light I get is much brighter. The first time I read it, I hope to have the three to be a brilliant person, because as I know if I have power, love and sober mind, I will be a really brilliant person with high percentage of IQ, EQ, and AQ. But this time I read it, I'm enlightened to see that these three (a strong will, a loving emotion and a sober mind) are highly and positively related with our strong spirit to exercise the gift by God. I some more mischievously told the sisters it is <=> (if and only if) @@

p/s I just learn that there is 971 pages in the Recovery Version Bible. Gosh... We can study thousands of pages one sem to prepare for exam, but why not one year to read the bible once? Lord, I really need to repent to pursue Thee more!

This post is delayed by two days. My house router broke down, I guess. I'm now at Starbucks @@

No comments: