Sunday, May 15, 2011

Beijing April 10 2011

This was the most rushing day in our Beijing trip, as we were yet to buy enough souvenirs! We all naturally think that buying souvenirs is the easiest thing to do, but it is never so for me. Imagine you have colleagues, friends and family, each you gotta think what is the most suitable/meaningful for them.. Perhaps it is because I am Taurus, I am down-to-earth, I like to give people something useful (same as I like to get something useful if I were to be given present). So I dragged until the very last day only to get souvenirs for once and for all!

We woke up pretty earlier, and rushed to XiDan after the breakfast. It was a chilling morning and I didn't bring my wind breaker! So I had to walk in the cold to look for souvenirs (so you guys should appreciate me). =.=

XiDan is a modern place in Beijing, famous for shopping complex and the biggest bookstore in China (if not the world).

We saw a mobile blood donation campaign outside the bookstore, but too bad, I just donated my blood before coming to Beijing. So I could only pose a thumb-up like this:


It is said in the website that if the book you wanna find cannot be found in this bookstore, you cannot possibly find elsewhere! It is a complex made up of 4 floors comprising of all genre of books in different languages (of course mostly mandarin still)!


harvest of the day

We then rushed back to the hotel to get our lunch before heading to the airport.



We made our last-last-minute shopping again in the airport to get more souvenir until all our yuan run out!
ignore Alvin's swollen lips please

The reading on the cabin marked the end of Beijing trip...

Conclusion of the trip:
1. We managed to go most of the well-known tourism spots in Beijing.
2. I regretted I didn't go to 2008 Beijing Olympic stadium, Birdnest and swimming stadium, Water Cube. I thought they are just normal stadiums until I came back and saw my friend's pictures of those two stadiums with attractive lighting at night!
3. We found some nice food, yet overall I think I have culture-shock in Beijing, from hygiene to food.
4. Will I go again in the future? Yes, I will, to the stadiums!

No comments: