Wednesday, June 25, 2008

History Repeated Itself

History repeated itself again today.

I'm a very careless person in doing everything. But I don't really care about it if it doesn't bring any trouble to me. What I care most since young is my carelessness in writing exam. When I was back home, there was mum to remind me to be careful and watchful in answering the exam questions before I left for school. But now, I'm away from home, and I don't really tell mum when is my test or quiz unless it is final exam, and I know I have to learn to be independent, how could I always depend on my mum to be my reminder.

I learnt a big lesson last sem and I'm slowly correcting it, and bring myself to the right path again. But somehow, things can't just get right. Last Wednesday, I had two quizzes and to my horror and disappointment, I again committed something I shouldn't commit. Carelessness, the name of it! Econs quiz was fairly easy, but somehow I didn't score full marks, I'm not grumbling or putting too high expectation on myself, but I should definitely score full in this easy quiz. There was a question about decrease in freight and asking us to analyse on demand-supply and to determine the new equilibrium prices and quantity. And somehow I didn't know why I saw or perceived "a decrease in freight" as "a decrease in price of freight"; this led me to have a totally different analysis on it. And needless to say, I get it wrong!

Right after the Econs quiz was Probability quiz. I would say it was easy and the marks were just freebies to us! But I screwed it terribly!!! I admit it was tedious and needed much focus when extracting the data, etc. And, like an innocent child, I was trapped in this. There were 6 small parts in the first questions, to make things worst, I extracted the data wrongly for a few parts of it. And my tutor was so strict and merciless to give me marks for parts that I just extracted one datum wrongly. I don't blame him, as I take this as my lesson. I know I don't deserve to get marks, I should be responsible for my own "attitude". For question one, I lost 8 marks out of 10. See how serious my carelessness is! If this was not the worst, flipping to the next page, it was a question about poker cards. And again, it was easy, seriously it was a freebie. For the probability of "Kings", I filled it as 13/52 instead of 4/52, and needless to say I got the whole question wrong, as the answer for second part was related to the first part. The only thing to my relief was the quiz contributed just 5% in the final.

Argh.... I must really be careful in all the following quizzes, tests and exams!!! If not, all the hard work and effort I put in will just be in a futile...

"A wise man never lets the history repeat itself." I'm DUMB!!!

2 comments:

Shane said...

LOL.. The is the difference between having ur mum around and when u r away from home...

Perhaps we should sleep more before exam to reduce our carelessness...We tend to do careless mistakes when our brain is tired...

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Yea, I seriously agree!!!