Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Sweet Narrow Escape

Short Talk:
I really get dreaded of schooling. Skip many classes this week including a three-hour-replacement-lecture this morning. Can I have self study instead?


Gosh, I nearly died due to electric shock!!! Monday, I was boiling water, suddenly the case of the plug on the extension dropped on the floor. I picked it up and looked at it, and I made a conclusion without much thought that the screw was broken. And then I went to my campus hastily.

Just now only I realized it is not that
the screw was broken, but it was burnt!!!


As I was busy with the hectic schedule this week, I didn't have time to go electric appliance shop to get a new extension. And I just continued using the helluva extension to boil water, turn on my speaker and charge my mobile phone battery.

Until today...

I smelt something pungent when I was boiling water. Still I didn't care much. Around 5 pm just now, it was raining cats and dogs with thunders and lightnings. And thus I took out my laptop's plug to avoid it being struck by thunders. Then for this time, only I had time to actually take out the plug of extension and had a careful look at it. To my great horror, the plug was burnt with a hole!!! No wonder I smelt the stale odor just now... At that moment, I just felt myself very fortunate indeed to not get an electric shock, as I kept using it since Monday. Already six days!!!

Look at the burnt hole,
and you should really cherish I'm still alive.


After taking down a few pictures of the extension, quickly I dumped it into the dustbin!!! @.@

Bye bye, you bitch!!!
I feel a great sense of betrayal!!!

Staying out alone is never a good thing. You have to take care of yourself for everything including the very trivial ones like checking if the door is locked, if the plug is taken out before going out, if you really bring the keys out, etc.... =.=

I just can't imagine if I were really shocked to death without anyone's knowing, as I am staying in a single room. By the time my housemates smell pungent odor from my room, I had been dead for many days... Too dramatic huh? Not at all... It's really possible!!!

9 comments:

~K£cќ~ said...

Thats why your face more often to your housemates and inform them sometimes where you're going ...

Weird how come your extension didn't spoile, didn't it have a fius in it? @.@ Thats one big hole =.="

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Amazingly it was not spoiled...

Shane said...

OMG so dangerous!!! Using extension is dangerous...

Few days ago same thing happen to the one behind my house's television.. I was watching TV and suddenly it was turn off by itself and then i heard some weird sound from behind the TV.. TO my horror, I saw something sparking there!!! Gosh!! Electricity!!

So i went to switch off the main switch and called my mum to ask somebody to repair it.. And it was actually due the the spoilt extension.. Felt lucky for the house is not burnt.. haha..

ż£ż™ said...

You can never boil water using extension, turn off other appliances before you boil water. I've encountered such case back in MC too...

nostalgia.jesskang said...

I also suspected that.. But the kettle I use is not the stainless steel one, just the small plastic one =.= Does it consume much electricity?

~K£cќ~ said...

YES Plastic kettle use A LOT of electricity. My whole house was banned using it because of its comsumption.

Now i use those flask, it doesnt use that much as a kettle, and i can keep it warm the whole day ...

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Flask can boil water?

~K£cќ~ said...

Can .... Not the normal one to keep water only ...

ż£ż™ said...

Regardless of whatever you're using to boil water, still you should never use it together with other appliances.